7.30.2011

Two in Two

My lovely parents took a short vacation while my lovely brother was in Colorado, which left me and Groucho home alone for a couple days. I took advantage of the (relative) peace and quiet and invented a couple new recipes that are really just riffs on normal things.

The first one I made for my lovely friends Honor and Torie. I'd been wanting to have a dinner party for awhile and it happened that they could both come over on Friday and then I have basil growing out front so it just kind of fell together.
I made some chicken, which is always good. First I flatted the chicken out so it wasn't quite as thick. Then I combined some flour, fresh and dried basil, lemon pepper and salt. I dipped the chicken in a beaten egg and then into the flour, after which I browned it in a pan and then put it in a small pan (along with lemon juice and a little more fresh basil) and placed it in a 350 degree oven for... Probably an hour. Very tasty, though I would have browned it a little more.

I also fried fresh (red) tomatoes. This was a completely new experiment! I dipped them in some olive oil that had fresh basil and lemon juice in it, and then into the flour mixture from before. I melted some butter in a nonstick pan and fried away! They tasted MUCH better than I thought they would. They actually went pretty well on the baked bread with olive oil that I also made.


Tonight I was hungry and didn't have bread and had had cereal for breakfast. I got out a pound of hamburger, fried it up with some onions, garlic and green peppers, and then added some cooked wild rice. I added some mozzerlla cheese before I ate it and let it melt a little. Very good!

As always I was to busy eating all these good things to get pictures of them, but I promise you that they were wonderful and my tablesettings were something indeed to behold.

No comments: