7.18.2011

Small houses

I love small houses. No joke. They're lovely. The whole idea behind small houses is downscaling to just the things you need. This part is hard for me sometimes, as I find myself thinking "Well, couldn't I use that for something? Isn't there a way to upcycle or reuse it?" and then I keep it and never actually get around to upcycling or reusing. My current vice is t-shirts. I've been making yarn out of them to make rugs like this one. But I digress (blogging is so fun! So many things to say!)

Small houses, though. There's a lot of diversity in the size (well, as much as you can have within the "small" range) (which is usually between >100-1000 square feet). Okay, picture:
tinyhouseblog.com
 I believe this is one of Jay Schafer's creations. Mr. Schafer built his first house in Iowa City, which just makes my heart a little happier to see my state getting a drop on all the others. But look at it. Look at how small. This one would be somewhere around 100sqft. Click the link below for more wonderful stuff (their "Tiny House in a Landscape" posts are particularly wonderful), or just google "small houses" or "Jay Schafer" and you'll get enough links to keep you up all night.



It's my dream to live in a small house. Probably not that small (100sqft is pretty hardcore, not going to lie), but somewhere in the 800-1200 range. With a garden. And a mini goat. Those are two posts unto themselves though :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Scott said...

I love that hula hoop rug!